Apply now and join our Data Science & AI Team at DIGITAL SOLUTIONS. We are a highly ambitious team of open-minded people and play a lead role in the digital transformation of our division’s global company network.
We are excited to appoint a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) in Kapfenberg or Vienna. The position offers a unique opportunity to play a key role in implementing data-driven products & services that secure the future operational excellence of our enterprise.
The primarily desired job site is Kapfenberg, Austria, with a certain share of remote work. Vienna is also possible as place of employment but will be accompanied by regular travel to Kapfenberg.
voestalpine High Performance Metals DIGITAL SOLUTIONS GmbH is the innovative partner of the High Performance Metals Division within the voestalpine Group. We provide scalable products and solutions in the areas Data Science & AI, Industrial IoT, Automation & Robotics, and Sensors.
Please find further information on our website: https://www.voestalpine.com/highperformancemetals/en/digitalsolutions/
- Practice DevOps advocacy and stakeholder management with high passion
- Manage and administrate our DevOps toolchain (JIRA, Confluence, GitLab)
- Define, automate, maintain, and monitor build, delivery, and deployment processes using CI/CD
- Support application deployment for Python and Django/Flask applications
- Deploy, and monitor microservices and REST APIs jointly with our data teams
- Stay on top of latest technology developments and continuously contribute to the transfer of DevOps engineering best practices across several globally located data teams
- Agile mindset and experience with DevOps and software development practices
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and tools (e.g. GitLab, Jira/Confluence, Hashicorp Vault, etc.)
- Very good understanding of operating systems (Unix/Linux), networking, and infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and DB administration
- Experience with git, Unix/Linux, and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Fluently written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel (depending on job site)
- Basic understanding of Data Lake environments and distributed technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Nifi, etc.), as well as job orchestration/scheduling tools (e.g. Apache Airflow, crontab) is of advantage
- Experience in software engineering (Python) and scripting is helpful
- Experience in an industrial setting (especially in the process industry, e.g. metals, paper, etc.) is beneficial
What we offer
Salary Package and Benefits: The collective minimum salary agreement for this position is € 3.274,67 gross (14 x per year). The actual payment depends on the particular qualification and experience.