Als eine der führenden Rechtsanwaltskanzleien mit 15 Büros in Zentral- und Osteuropa beraten wir Mandant:innen in allen wirtschaftsrechtlichen Angelegenheiten. Als Teil unserer national und international tätigen Teams arbeiten Sie mit den renommiertesten Jurist:innen der Branche zusammen. Qualität, Flexibilität, Innovation und praxisorientierte Lösungen bei komplexen Aufträgen im Wirtschaftsbereich sind das Kernstück der Schönherr Philosophie. Werden Sie Teil unseres Teams und gestalten Sie unseren Erfolg in Zentral- und Osteuropa mit.
Wir suchen ab sofort auf Vollzeitbasis (40h/Woche) eine:n
International Associate (m|f|x) - International Arbitration
keen to develop their career in the leading international arbitration practice in the region. Based in our Vienna office, Schoenherr normally offers this position for a period of 3 or 6 months, with a flexible start date, and possibility for extension.
As a successful applicant you will become part of our tightly knit international arbitration team and work closely with partners and colleagues on high-profile commercial arbitrations and investment disputes.
Responsibilities will vary depending on experience and seniority of the applicant, and may include:
- working closely with team members to formulate case theory and strategy;
- assuming a key role in drafting submissions and preparing witness and expert evidence;
- managing and conducting research and document review processes;
- liaising directly with clients, witnesses and experts, tribunals, and opposing counsel
we are looking for.
- strong interest in arbitration (LL.M., moot court, work experience, etc);
- completed legal education, bar admission in any jurisdiction an asset;
- at least 1 year of relevant work experience, ideally in international arbitration;
- excellent English skills, and the ability to write clearly and persuasively;
- a positive approach to challenging legal work in an international environment
- a 3-6 months international associate position with our Vienna based arbitration team
- the opportunity to work in a diverse, open and inclusive team of arbitration practitioners;
- autonomous work and direct involvement in high-profile and complex arbitrations;
- active involvement and insights in business development;
- continuing education and training in regular team meetings via the Schoenherr Learning Hub
Our practice is the leading arbitration practice in the region, with a stellar track record in commercial and investment arbitration. We handle some of the largest and most complex disputes across industries, including banking, pharma, telecom, construction, m&a energy, media and automotive.
Our arbitration team based in Vienna is headed by Christoph Lindinger and Leon Kopecky. It is diverse and international, with team members trained and admitted in various jurisdictions across the globe, including international associates.
The annual gross salary amounts to a minimum of EUR 44.800.-, with a clear commitment to paying more; in line with your professional experience and qualifications.
Apply online; with your CV, certificates, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and an English writing sample on an arbitration topic of your choice (max 1 page). For further questions you can reach us at +43 1 53437 50429.