At Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Our Product Platform Tribe is on a mission to enable a better Personio by building out the platform strategy for Personio’s product. We are an enablement tribe and strive to create secure, reusable, scalable and extensible capabilities like task management, subscription management, access management, design system and much more. The work that we do enables other teams at Personio to do more by doing less and creates more consistent user experiences for our customers.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Product Platform Tribe journey for Personio.
As a hands-on Staff Engineer you will be one of the main stakeholders to drive the technical direction of the tribe and create alignment across teams in your tribe and beyond. You will work closely with the Senior Engineering Manager, the Group Product Manager and the teams' Lead Engineers. Your role is to challenge the teams' technical road maps, work hands-on in projects to bring features to maturity, give guidance, empower our technical vision and create RFCs where collaboration with other tribes is needed. This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create the long-term technical strategy for one of Personio’s main product components.
In particular, you will work with our new Data Platforms team to enable the development of a whole new Personio product by building a secure and scalable foundation for Personio as the system of record.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead high-impact and large-scale technical projects across the tribe and department.
- Continuously raise the bar for engineering at Personio by mentoring engineers across the tribe and interviewing for new talent.
- Drive an engineering culture of quality and innovation across teams.
- Proactively seek out new areas/common problems to be tackled by your tribe.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
What you need to succeed
- Previous experience as a Staff Engineer or Principal.
- Outstanding communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Experience with Kotlin or Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, AWS Lambda.
- Ability to navigate technical debates & drive technical alignment.
- Passion to enable others & be a force multiplier.
- Exceptional experience designing, developing and operating business critical distributed systems at scale.
- Extensive experience in building a technical strategy and driving it across multiple teams.
- Proven experience in hiring, mentoring and developing engineering talent.
- Willingness to work hands-on as a developer with a focus on complex problems with high impact.
- Experience in open source contribution and tech branding activities.
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to benefit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares).
- An inclusive, equal opportunity & multicultural work environment.
- 1,500 Euro annual development budget for attending conferences or courses, buying books, getting a coach etc.
- A high-impact work environment and short decision-making processes.
- Fun team & company events.
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as "company car", a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket.
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros per month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich.
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!