AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
It is observed that the market trends develop towards high-bandwidth and high-power inverters, this lead to a need of novel electric power conversion architecture, Wide Bandgap Semiconductors (SiC/GaN) and the increasing of the complexity of the motor control. In any case, these inverters have many challenges to overcome, including high efficiency, strength/durability, cooling integration and control dynamics. We therefore offer a compulsory internship as part of the FH - study to support the following activities in the department Passenger Car Transmission Design.
- Literature study
- Support with the modelling of a complete e-drive: power electronics structure, thermal model and motor control
- Strong collaboration with the e-Machine simulation department, in order to improve both needs
- Performance, efficiency and market comparison between different electric power conversion architecture (1-level vs multilevel converter)
- Support with the motor control development for high speed drive, up to model in the loop
- You are studying at University of Applied Sciences in the field of electrical engineering or electronics in the Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, PSIM, SmartCtrl, JMAG
- Very good spoken and written knowledge of German and English
Annual Remuneration: Due to the Austrian Equal Treatment Act we are obligated to state the annual gross remuneration (full-time) for this position as a basis for negotiation: EUR 26,810.00. We will, in any case, offer market-conforming payment taking qualifications and professional experience into account.