YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ongoing work is dedicated to extend the Magpylib library by implementation of novel analytical solutions, to study optimization problems and inverse problems for magnet system design, but it was also shown that a Method of Moments can be used to compute demagnetization effects, outperforming state-of-the-art FEM implementations by several orders of magnitude. It is a central ambition to develop and integrate such a Method of Moments Code in the Magpylib package.
The goal of this thesis is to support with magnetic simulation, specifically to understand and to compute demagnetization effects by implementing a MOM code. A the fast multipole Method should be applied to increase code performance.
We offer to teach about magnetism, magnetic sensor systems and magnetic simulations in Python. We expect willingness to learn and apply this knowledge. The proposed research work also holds the potential to generate peer-reviewed scientific publications and contributions to international conferences.
- Background in physics, mathematics or similar fields.
- Ideally experience with numerical methods and Python.
- Interest to learn about numerical field simulations.
- Ability to work independently AND in a team.
- High level of English.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 Months.
- Payment: € 1.500 gross (38.5 Hours/Week).
- Additional Benefits: free coffee/milk, € 4.- food allowance per working day in restaurants, homeoffice, no coretime...
- State-of-the-art laboratories and equipment, including the opportunity to work in a cleanroom environment.
- An international scientific environment and contacts with our industrial network.
- Opportunity to work on a hot topic with industrial collaborations.
BECOME PART OF SILICON AUSTRIA LABS
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.