As an integrated electricity company, VERBUND maps the entire value chain of the electricity sector: from generating and transport on to trade, distribution and energy services.
The possible areas of employment in our company are just as varied and challenging.
What motivates us? The common resolve to secure an ecologically appropriate and high-quality power supply for Austria and Europe.
We live out ecological and economic excellence, and work with high integrity and esteem for our customers, business partners and employees.Our ecological aspirations lead to the development of innovative projects and forward-looking solutions.We place our bet on teamwork, even across companies and across borders.
To support our Team at VERBUND AG in Vienna as an
Your Tasks will be:
- Working within a team consisting of several functions, all focused on developing VERBUND’s hydrogen business
- Acting as internal consultant regarding natural gas transportation regimes and specific market rules for different European countries
- Close cooperation with regulatory affairs management in order to be up to date on upcoming changes in the regulatory environment
- Internal knowledge management and know-how transfer
- Assessment of cross border transportation costs for different transportation corridors
- Assessment of further internal & external requirements (e.g. IT, licenses, credit, backup solutions etc.)
- Purchasing capacities along the transportation corridor
- Negotiating and concluding transportation agreements with grid operators
- Developing a solid basis (relationships, partners etc.) for international swap agreements (plus negotiation and conclusion) with interested parties
- Managing data flow as to metering and allocation data with grid operators
- Checking and approving grid operator invoices for transportation services
Our requirements are:
- Academic degree in engineering or economics
- Profound professional experience and knowledge about international gas markets, particularly natural gas logistics
- Experienced in use of MS-Office products
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ideally experienced in use of IT-systems used for energy data management
- Ideally knowledge in project management
- Ideally knowledge of the hydrogen business
- Open to innovation
- Strategic and practical planning skills
- Interesting business activities, personal development and continuing education
- A flexible working place and the possibility to work from home
- A structured induction phase and numerous benefits
- An in-house training program and annual employee appraisals
- Depending upon your specific professional qualification and experience we offer a monthly gross base salary starting at € 3.984,15 (in accordance with our collective agreement 2021) plus individual performance-oriented compensation
Start: As soon as possible
You are interested?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application including CV, letter of application and, if applicable, your references or other documents for the referenced position number AT_00876.
VERBUND has set itself the goal of increasing the percentage of female employees. We are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women.