The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) is the central bank of the Republic of Austria and as such an integral part of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB). The OeNB contributes, in the public interest, to monetary and economic policy decision-making in Austria and the euro area. In fulfilling this role, the OeNB is independent and not bound by any instructions. The OeNB adheres to the guiding principles “stability and security“.
We are looking for an interested young individual to work with us full-time for a period of 6 months. In your role, you will support the OeNB’s Director for Payments, Risk Monitoring and Financial Literacy in her daily activities, working in the Payments System Strategy Office.
- Supporting the Payments System Strategy Office in researching, studying and evaluating different market trends in the area of payments
- Contributing to Eurosystem tasks and committee work
- Analyzing Eurosystem documents and drafting opinions
- Analyzing payment surveys and preparing presentations to senior management
- Supporting ad-hoc analysis on regulatory requirements
- Collaborating with various business lines
- Drafting presentations, reports and speaking notes
- Contributing to drafting newsletters and intranet/internet content with a view to promoting the OeNB’s payments strategy
- Advanced-level university student, ideally specializing in banking, finance or economics
- Some job experience in the area of payments (banking, consulting, payments service providers, FMIs) would be an asset
- Excellent analytical skills
- Capable of thinking outside the box and of working independently with guidance
- Good storytelling and communication skills
- Familiar with digital content tools
- Fluent in German and English; a CEE language would be an asset
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we offer
- Challenging tasks in an international environment
- First-hand insights into the work of a national central bank
- Friendly and open working atmosphere
- Flexible working time
- Gross-salary of € 1.335 (full time)
- Accommodation can be offered on a preferential basis
- Preferred start date: February 1st, 2022 (to be agreed)
At the OeNB, we offer motivated students a broad range of opportunities. Furthermore, we promote inclusion and diversity, from equality in terms of gender, age, ethnicity and sexual orientation to disability support programs.
Should you have any questions about the application process or would like to discuss any workplace adjustment needs, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Karin Dvorak (00431/40420 7651). Finally, please note that travel costs incurred for the job interview are not refundable.