Full Time (40 h/w) – Limited to 2 years (extension t.b.d.)
Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
€ 31.000* gross/p.a
IST Austria is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
The Novarino group studies the function of epilepsy, intellectual disability, and autism-causing genes at the system, cellular, and molecular levels with the goal of providing a framework for the development of effective pharmacological therapies and the background for the understanding of new pathological genetic variants.
• Handling, recovering, and culture of mouse embryos
• Proven experience with embryo zygote microinjections and/or electroporation
• In utero electroporation
• Designing and testing genotyping strategies of our transgenic mouse colony
• Molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, DNA and RNA extraction)
• Running and implementing of novel state-of-the-art molecular biological assay
• University degree or training as MTA, CTA or BTA in molecular biology or related field
• Laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques as listed above
• Proven experience in microinjection techniques
• Excellent command of English (working language)
• Proactive personality and attention to detail
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills; high degree of reliability
• Ability to work independently, learn quickly and multi-task
Your benefits• Education & training
• Free shuttle bus
• Multiple health offers
• Pension insurance
To submit your application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.