Join TUI Group Purchasing team as a Purchasing Assistant and provide administrative support to the purchasing team for a specific region or regions. As a Purchasing Assistant, you are expected to support the team in realizing the strategy for your region with a specific focus on unit cost, differentiation and our customer needs.
The contract is offered on a 20-30 hours/week basis. The role can be based in a flexible location in the countries we are legally able to hire and within +/- 2 hours GMT.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Supporting the Purchasing team and wider business with accommodation contracting solution data input and data management
- You will be responsible for regular data integrity checks, which includes contract completeness and ensuring errors or omissions are corrected
- You will build sustainable relationships with multiple internal stakeholders representing the team and suppliers which might include but is not limited to commercial, finance (AP), content, legal and health & safety
- You are the key day to day contact and link with head office for suppliers, dealing with various queries and regular distribution of reports, requests and general information
- In addition, the Purchasing Assistant will provide support on ad-hoc generic tasks which provide insight to the wider function to support short, medium and long-term planning
- You will support the team in planning and organising supplier meetings and trade events
- PC literate, competent in the use of the MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel. Knowledge of contracting systems desirable
- Tour-operating experience desirable
- Process-driven, comfortable managing controls, organised with good time management skills, can prioritise and balance workload
- Numerate and analytical, eye for detail, can analyse basic numerical data
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and suppliers, good team player
- Good troubleshooting skills and ability to multi-task
- Flexible and adaptable, ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Understanding of the cost versus service equation, puts the customer first
- Excellent English & German language skills, both verbal and written, including confident Telephone manner in both languages. Italian, Frehcn or Croatian language skills advantageous
- Ready for occasional international travel
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel compan
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Develop yourself by working as part of an international team and through our free global learning and development programmes and various Management Development Programmes
- The minimum gross salary for this position is € 30.000 per year. The actual remuneration is in line with the market and depends on professional experience and qualifications.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. As we continue to build our Global Purchasing function, we will move from operating as a set of largely independent source markets with common management of procurement towards a more global, integrated function, which will accelerate the delivery of our ambitious growth plans.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit www.careers.tuigroup.com.