AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
We offer a thesis with the topic of
We offer an internship plus possibility to do a bachelor- or diploma-thesis in the field of Mobile Agriculture Robotics. Topics: Machine vision, sensor fusion, object avoidance and path planning.
- Multi-stereo-camera-fusion: Implementation of a real-time surround-view stream in 2D (image) and 3D (point cloud)
- GPS-based sensor-fusion and trajectory planning: Fusion of signals from vision, inertial sensors and GPS location to generate a trajectory of motion
- Generic generation of real-time semantic segmentation algorithms
- Skills in object-oriented programming (Java,C#,C++, Python, …)
- Experience and interest in the area of machine-vision and machine-learning (OpenCV, Torchvision, PCL, …)
- Experience with Linux and ROS is an advantage
- Interest and experience with off-road vehicle applications is a plus
PREFERRED FIELD OF STUDY:
- Ongoing studies in Informatics, Automation, Mechatronics, Mathematics, Electronics, Telematics or similar
The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR €2,600.00 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) who study at a university abroad