AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
We offer a diploma thesis with the topic of
Environmental and weather conditions are crucial influence parameters on advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving (AD). To evaluate their performance regarding perception and safety it is important to not only acquire ADAS/AD sensor data (from Radar, Lidar, Camera, etc.) but also environmental conditions.
- Development and validation of a weather information system consisting of various weather sensors
- Data acquisition and classification of weather and environmental conditions (e.g. rain, fog, illuminance, humidity) relevant for ADAS/AD
- Data uplink to an analytics platform including: GPS timestamp & localization of acquired weather data
- Consolidated weather data
- Strong programming skills in LabVIEW / NI CompactRIO-Controller programming
- Electrical, electronic & mechanical engineering experience
- Understanding of IoT systems
PREFERRED FIELD OF STUDY:
- Telematics / Informatics
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR €2,600.00 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) who study at a university abroad