The mechanical investigation specialist is resonsible for the execution of mechanical investigation projects for warranty parts/systems. Key deliverables of the job are maintaining and improving cycle time for warranty investigations, drive strong collaboration and alignment with all relevant roles involved and initiate process and technical improvements in order to guarantee a positive and sustainable customer experience.
What INNIO offers you:
- An innovative and international working environment
- Flexible working time model (depending on position and role)
- Health We Care Program – including company sport activities
- Moving cost support for new employees in accordance with policy
- Good connections to public transport – station in direct proximity
- Transportation cost support in accordance with policy
- One of the best canteens in the area with healthy and various meals
- Attractive location in the heart of the alps which provides various outdoor sport and other leisure possibilities
- Execute mechanical investigations for warranty parts/systems and postprocess in ERP system
- Work direclty with Warranty Team to resolve high urgency warranty cases.
- Maintain/improve cylcle time for warranty investigations to allow warranty team swift decision making towards customers
- Investigate components by using borescope, videoscope, microscope etc.Inititate detailed investigation in INNIOs measurment lab, material analysis lab or at external parties.
- Support issue resolution on component or subsystem level, work together with quality and engineering team
- Compile and document results and carry out basic data analyses of warranty and component failures
- Analyse data exports from the engine control systems, analyse oil analysis reports, retrieve data stored on myPlant, compile and upload summary to warranty cases or compile written engine investigation reports
- Participate in and drive discussions with external experts/parties/suppliers and customers
- Advise and guide other engineers in on-site investigations
- Observe the disassembly process of an engine, taking records during and about the disassembly, taking good quality photos of the components disassembled from the engine, identifying component issues and damages, taking measurements of torques, dimensions etc.
- Play a crucial role as expert and caretaker in mechanical investigation issues in our international engineering/service environment including creating and increasing your/our network
- Work on a numerous projects simultaneously, under the supervision and guidance of lead and senior engineers
- Flexibility to attend any other reasonable task as required
- Support team by organizing additional investigations like pressure testing, crack testing, material testing, dimensional measurements, surface roughness measurements, test assemblies for damage verification.
- Carry out administrative tasks for the investigation team e.g. filling in tracking lists etc.
- Master/ Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent desired, HTL- mechanical engineer or craftman's master exam in engineering are acceptable as well based on years of experience
- Several years of experience with Jenbacher products and control systems preferred or adequate experience in operation and maintenance of reciprocating engines and their systems in general is required
- Knowledge about use of borescope, videoscope, microscope, digital photography.
- Previous experience of data analysis techniques is beneficial
- Knowledge about material testing and measurement methods beneficial
- Willingness to travel occasionally on short notice (< 10%)
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong customer focus mentality
- Team player and highly reliable with a high Say-Do ratio
- Ability to interface and influence multiple stakeholders at all levels German is essential, minimum B2 level or higher; English skills on B1 or B2-level (desired)
The base pay is composed of the amount according to the Austrian collective agreement which is at least EUR 2.682,54 gross per month (x 14) and an overpayment depending on your qualifications and experience.