Innovators and Business Builders wanted!
We are UNIQA’s Emerging Business Opportunities (EBO) Team. Our ambition is to enable individuals and communities to live a safer, better and longer life. We have a mandate to find new ways to serve our customers to meet these needs, beyond insurance.
As part of the EBO, you will explore uncharted territory, and create, invest in and lead businesses, products, and business models that may not exist today.
You will be part of a start-up environment, backed by UNIQA’s resources, knowledge and scale.
This is an opportunity to join the Founding Team and shape the agenda, culture, and long-term success of the Unit.
Your main responsibilities
- Be a pivotal part of a diversified team with a common goal of shaping the future of the health industry;
- Validate, build and scale disruptive business ideas to serve new markets and new customers;
- Work with innovative and open-minded people applying methods like design thinking, blue ocean strategy and lean start-up;
- Rely on customer centric analysis and decision-making;
- Lead rigorous, hypothesis-driven experimentation;
- Operate in an entrepreneurial environment within the corporate setting of UNIQA – “Intrapreneurship”;
- Ability to test, learn and iterate;
- Passionately alert to possibilities, unmet needs and opportunities;
- Willing to challenge personal, professional and industry assumptions;
- Persistence, and the ability to overcome obstacles;
- High degree of collaboration;
- Ability to build a compelling business case based on hypothesis-driven analytics;
- Ability to build buy-in for new ideas and new ways of working;
- Experience as entrepreneur or intrapreneur is an advantage;
- Experience with one or more of Blue Ocean Strategy, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup;
- Experience in the health industry or business development is an advantage;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
Your core competencies
- Business-minded: You identify market opportunities and take advantage of them.
- Customer oriented: establishing long-term customer relationships.
- Of integrity: putting your words into practice and being trustworthy.
- Courageous: giving straightforward feedback and doing what is necessary.
- Demanding: You provide clear goals.
- Solution driven: You have a very systematic way in approaching challenges.
- Result driven: You aim for goals very reliable and in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Savvy: You relate well to others irrespectively of their status.
- Strong leader: You are leading in a human but consistent way.
Annual minimum wage according to collective agreement: EUR 42.109,06 - gross. We are prepared to exceed depending on qualification and experience.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!