YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recently, a new series of PMUTs for biomedical and industrial applications have been designed and fabricated, which is a further extension to our previous work (Appl. Phys. Lett. 115, 023501 (2019); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5097624). This thesis aims at a full-range characterization of PMUTs with regard to the electrical, piezoelectric, mechanical, thermofluidic, acoustic, and material properties. After the characterization, a simple demonstrator based the PMUT will be built. The analysis and summary on the characterization results will contribute to the optimization of next-generation PMUTs.
- Master student interested in the characterization of microsystems; STEM background is preferred, but it is not subject to your major or research field.
- Experience with the MEMS devices or piezoelectric materials is required.
- Knowledge of computer programming and data processing is a plus.
- Good language skills in the oral and written English.
- Start date: as soon as possible.
- Duration: 6 Months.
- Payment: € 1.500 gross (38.5 Hours/Week).
- Additional Benefits: free coffee/milk, € 4.- food allowance per working day in restaurants, homeoffice, no coretime...
- A friendly working environment of high cultural diversity and multidisciplinary cooperation.
- A rare opportunity to work with top MEMS experts on the development of next-generation PMUTs.
- A state-of-the-art MEMS laboratory with advanced characterization tools in company with a new full-equipped cleanroom.
BECOME PART OF SILICON AUSTRIA LABS
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.