AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines and their integration into the vehicle.
As a member of our central IT team, you will work as an IT infrastructure specialist in a global environment.
- Client/Server administration with a focus on Unix/Linux
- Evaluation/new installation/refresh/first release of hardware, OS installation tests, patch management, Linux workstations
- Ticket processing in the IT Service Management tool (incident, service requests, ...)
- Cooperation in projects
- Automation and process optimization
- Technical qualification – graduate of a secondary technical college/university of technology/university of applied sciences
- Professional experience in the Unix/Linux environment in large companies desired
- Profound knowledge of RHEL, Ubuntu, Debian, Foreman, Ansible
- Certifications in the Linux environment (RHEL) and in container tools (Docker, Kubernetes, ...) an advantage
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Sound spoken and written command of German and English