AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines.
Due to the unique and challenging requirements of the commercial vehicle market, AVL has dedicated Competence Centers for trucks, buses, agricultural machinery, construction equipment an special purpose engineering. The AVL Commercial Driveline & Tractor Engineering GmbH ist located in Upper Austria.
- Planning, coordination and implementation of the safety life-cycle for heavy duty vehicle projects
- Alignment of the application of the safety standard with the customer and other stakeholders within distributed development projects
- Creation of a compliant safety plan and safety case in accordance to the applicable standard
- Manage the functional safety activities throughout the safety lifecycle
- Planning, tracking and reporting of the safety activities
- Close collaboration with project managers, quality managers, software and system engineering
- Continuous process improvements according to the functional safety standards
- University degree in a technical field of study (e.g. Electronics, Mechatronics, SW Engineering)
- Good knowledge of embedded systems
- Experience in the area of safety standards (IEC 61508, ISO 26262) and related methods, e.g. risk analysis, functional and technical safety concepts
- Experience in automotive engineering and with the development of electronic control units is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, Teamplayer
- Excellent English skills
Annual Remuneration: Due to the Austrian Equal Treatment Act we are obligated to state the intended annual gross remuneration (full-time) for this position as a basis for negotiation: EUR 60.000,-- We will, in any case, offer market-conforming payment taking qualifications and professional experience into account.