ANDRITZ is an international technology group providing plants, systems, equipment, and services for various industries. The company is one of the technology and global market leaders in the hydropower business, the pulp and paper industry, the metal working and steel industries, and in solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial segments.
For our worldwide operating HYDRO division, we are looking for a MECHANICAL RESEARCH ENGINEER (m/f/d) on a full-time basis at our location in Linz (AUT).
The open position is for a mechanical engineer in the R&D department in Linz, Austria. The team is responsible for the hydraulic development of the components in a hydro power plant. This position includes technical responsibility for the mechanical integrity mainly in the stage of offer and concept phase. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of different topics including stress assessment, vibration and bearing analysis for R&D projects as well as contractual projects. The unique requirements of each hydro project make this a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a candidate with related skills and experience.
The Mechanical Engineer is expected to work in the team of the hydraulic development. It is also expected that the mechanical engineer works closely with the colleagues in engineering and project management. The mechanical engineer is also responsible for establishing a new professional network. Occasional travel to customer locations, project sites or other Andritz offices is required.
- Finished technical education at university level
- Ideally experience in the field of machine dynamics and knowledge in computational and numerical science
- Ideally experience with FEA software (preferably ANSYS)
- Interest in technical programming languages (e.g. Python,…)
- Very good English skills and ideally good German skills
- Independent, well-structured and precise way of working
- Great commitment and flexibility
- Readiness to occasional business trips
- High communicational skills and ability to work in a team
- Good knowledge of heavy mechanical equipment, welded structures, methods of manufacturing and machining
- Strong background in 3D design; Knowledge of Unigraphics NX, Teamcenter an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills, sound judgment, initiative & creativity
- Continuous development of FEA methods and their tools
- Establishing a professional network across departments and locations. Close collaboration with the colleagues within this network.
- Execution of mechanical analysis of components of hydro power plants
- Creating 3D models for structural mechanical assessment
- Optimizing designs and design concepts in collaboration with hydraulic development
- Review and release of mechanical designs under consideration of contractual and internal requirements
Andritz Hydro offers a secure job in an innovative and international company with long-term development opportunities.
- Talent & leadership programs
- Flexible working time model
- Home office option
- Various employee discounts
- Subsidized company restaurant
- Parking spaces & public accessibility
In Austria, we are legally obliged to announce for this position at least a gross monthly salary of € 3.870,23.
Depending on qualifications and professional experience, we offer you a market-based salary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.